Visas and residence permits

European students

If you are a national of one of the following countries, you do not need to apply for a visa. You can travel to Spain with your national identity card and/or your passport: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden and Switzerland.

Once you are in Spain and start your studies at the University, it will be necessary to apply for a Certificate of Registration of Citizens of the Union in the Immigration Office of Zaragoza which will include your Foreign Identity Number (NIE), your identification number during your stay in Spain. Further information will be provided during the Welcome Session.

Non-European students

If you are a non-European student, before your trip to Spain it will be necessary to apply and obtain a student visa in the Spanish Consulate nearest to your place of residence. List of Spanish Consulates.

The International Relations Unit will assist you to find the nearest Spanish Consulate in your country.

Once you have been accepted as a student, San Jorge University will send a letter of acceptance so you can apply for the student visa at the consulate. The study visa will ensure your legal entry into our country. Once in Spain, you will have to apply for a Study Abroad Card at the Foreigner Office of Zaragoza. The International Office of University San Jorge will explain in detail how to apply during the Welcome Session.

Double European / non-European nationality

If you hold a double European nationality with a passport issued by a European country, it will not be necessary to apply for a student visa. Being a European citizen, the information for European students will apply.